- Music videos have been around since the 1920s.
- Many Jazz artist such as Bessie Smith made short film as a music video
- One of the first modern music video was Don't look back which was made in 1965 by Bob Dylan.
- In the 1970s tv shows was a great way to promote artists.
- Short music videos where called promos and soon replaced live performances or artists
This video was released in 1975 by queen and was a ground breaking video and marked the beginning of the video era. It was one of the first to use advanced visual effects.
We watched the music video and analysed it a little.
honey comb effect
Intertextual reference: can add a meaning to a text as well as fulfilling an important role for audiences.
Stylistically: By imitating the style of a film or television genre, video game, cartoon.